Arts Administration Minor
This 18-unit Fine Arts (FA) minor is a collaboration between the College of Fine Arts and Eller College of Management. Students engage with professionals and gain insight into career opportunities in both non-profit and market-driven visual & performing arts and media organizations.
Coursework offered includes:
• Intro to Arts Administration
• Audience Development in the Arts
• Education and Outreach in Arts Organizations
• Basic Economic Issues (Eller)
• Survey of Accounting (Eller)
• Marketing Principles, Concepts and Tool (Eller)
• Management of Effective Non-Profit Organizations (Eller)
• Principles of Entrepreneurship (Eller)
A required arts Internship placement supports professional networking and experiential learning opportunities within professional arts settings, including theaters, galleries, museums, music and dance performance halls, arts festivals, and new media festivals. (COVID-19 notice: Presently, the required Internship course may be substituted with an appropriate course at the student’s request and with approval from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.)
For more information on required coursework or to declare the minor, please contact Norma Ayon, the College of Fine Arts Assistant Director, Academic Advising.